Data Analyst – Glendale, CA – Contract
Data Analyst (Contractor)
Duration: +6 months
We currently have a Temporary opportunity for an experienced Data Analyst to join our Business Intelligence Team in our San Francisco, CA office.
This individual is responsible for performing data analysis of customer and advertiser data using both relational and OLAP techniques. The successful candidate will be well versed in RDBMS, highly proficient in SQL programming, familiar with data warehouse/data mart concepts, development and use, and have the ability to communicate to both technical and business audiences.
- Work with business analysts to perform gap and data analysis to validate and refine user and business requirements.
- Perform complex data analysis in support of ad-hoc requests.
- Analyze data in the DW to answer business questions/ debug. Ability to provide adhoc reports
- Analyze, understand and profile data sources
- Interact with Business/ Analytics to understand new requirements
- Write and own Functional specifications and Wiki documentations for Projects/ Business Areas they will be working
- Help build new Infoview reports (nice to have)
- Highly proficient in SQL programming
- Previous experience in performing business analysis, data analysis and reporting
- Minimum of 4 years Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence experience
- Minimum of 4 years experience in working with Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
- Experience with business intelligence/reporting tools such as Business Objects
- Knowledge of data warehousing/ modeling techniques like Kimball/Inmon Methodology is a plus but not mandatory
- Strong business acumen and analytical mindset, and extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources to arrive at optimal solutions
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate data, context, and implications to both business and technology partners
- Must be able to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced and unstructured environment.
- Strong Business Objects
- Strong in SQL and data analysis
- Good experience in DW/ BI environment
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Project/Product management skills
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent