LAFD Leads Community Evac Drill for Topanga Canyon
LOS ANGELES COUNTY FIRE DEPARTMENT LEADS
MULTI-AGENCY COMMUNITY EVACUATION DRILL
FOR TOPANGA CANYON RESIDENTS
WHO: Los Angeles County Fire Department.
WHAT: 2014 “Ready Set Go” Topanga Evacuation Drill
WHEN: Saturday, April 26 – 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
WHERE: Throughout Topanga Canyon and the City of Los Angeles (see detail)
This evacuation drill is designed for the benefit of residents of Topanga Canyon and will test the community’s knowledge of evacuation plans that were put in place during the Topanga Emergency Management Planning Project.
This drill will emphasize the importance of evacuating during a wildfire and knowing evacuation routes and destinations.
Key Media Locations:
- King Gillette Ranch, 26800 Mulholland Highway, Calabasas – main parking lot (TB 588 G4) – Pre-exercise briefing, command post, and de-briefing location.
- Taft High School, 5461 Winnetka Blvd., Woodland Hills – overflow parking lot on west side of Winnetka, near corner of Santa Rita & Quakertown; enter off Santa Rita (TB 530 E2) – Evacuation Center.
- Palisades High School, 15777 Bowdoin Street, Pacific Palisades – parking lot above field across from main school area; enter off Bowdoin St. (TB 631 A5) – Evacuation Center.
- Pine Tree Circle, located at 120 Topanga Canyon Blvd., Topanga (TB 590 A6) – Public Safe Refuge (PSR).
- Topanga Community House, 1440 Topanga Canyon Blvd., Topanga (TB 590 C3) – Public Safe Refuge (PSR).