MPEG Systems Engineer – El Segundo
Location: El Segundo, CA
Duration: Open Ended
- Gather and document subsystem requirements.
- Using the requirements and working with the subsystem engineers the system engineer will be responsible for the overall system design.
- Review and provide feedback on test plans.
- Review and prioritize schedules on a weekly basis with executive management.
- Facilitate meetings and conduct design reviews.
- Establish and maintain partnerships across cross functional groups.
Qualifications & Required Skills
- 7+ years relevant experience as a systems engineer in a fast paced environment required.
- Understanding the software development process from requirements definition to implementation to test preferred.
- Ability to effectively operate within diverse and cross-functional groups.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, including a qualitative and quantitative skill set.
- Leadership qualities, including meeting facilitation, time management, organizational skills and ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated success with working effectively with technical managers and managing schedules.
- Ability to accommodate change and adapt accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to tailor communication to audience to achieve desired results.
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering, Computer Science), Master’s degree preferred.
Nice to have
- Experience in Conditional Access or encryption.
- Cable or Satellite TV experience.
- MPEG experience.
- Local LA Candidates