Ruby On Rails Developer – Contract
We are seeking a highly-motivated Sr. Ruby on Rails (RoR) Developer to join the team in Chicago. Work with seasoned web professionals to develop high-traffic, dynamic, multi-media web sites, as well as mobile products.
- Experience building n-tiered, high-volume, consumer-facing internet applications using the Ruby on Rails framework
- Thorough knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL), schema design, implementation and SQL
- Deep understanding of Object to Relational Mapping techniques
- Strong experience with working in UNIX environments (Solaris, RHEL, CentOS)
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, as there is a high degree of user interaction
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, and procedures, with an emphasis on Agile methodologies (XP or Scrum) and Test-Driven Development.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to participate in occasional travel to business units, vendors, or client sites
Other Preferred Skills
- MVC Frameworks
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- The ideal profile includes 5+ years of object-oriented development
- 4+ years of Ruby on Rails experience is a strong plus